OA Chapter Notes – March 2016
March Chapter Meeting
OA reps AND/OR Arrowmen (if OA rep from troop is not attending meeting), please share this information with your troops OA members.
- Chapter Camping Trip
- On Friday March 4th @ 5p.m.-Sunday March 6th @12 p.m (THIS WEEKEND). will be the first of many chapter camping trips. YOUR $20 fee covers everything, including food. We will meet at the far end of the TBS Administration parking lot. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE THAT TIME… Let me know. We’ll have other vehicles there to take you at 6 or later. DO NOT DRIVE to the site. We have very limited parking (we need to observe the owners request- thank you) Let us know what you need. The equipment will be loaded up in a troop trailer and taken to the site. Please come join us for hiking, fishing fellowship and relaxing. If you want to work on a merit badge… great. If you want to teach others a skill… great. The only structure we will have is basic meal times and perhaps a camp fire program in the pavilion on Saturday. THIS IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.
- In addition to more than 300 acres of common area, Breeze Hill’s amenities include access to three lakes for fishing (the largest lake covers more than 6 acres) and a lakefront pavilion named after Dwight D. Eisenhower, who visited the site in the 1950s. (After he left the White House and retired to a Pennsylvania farm, Eisenhower bought his first Black Angus bull from the Breeze Hill farm.
- We will return to TBS on Sunday @10 a.m.
- If you can teach a merit badge, please LET US KNOW
- If you can teach any skill, interest, hobby, job, career, life skills, anything, please LET US KNOW on the google form.
- If you would like to be an Adult or Youth Grub master, please let us know.
- If you would like to Help with meals, please let us know.
- Please sign up NOW! http://tinyurl.com/zou76vp
- March Service Weekend
- March 11-13 @ TBS
- We will receive special prize for having most registered to conclave! REGISTER TODAY!!!
- VOLLEYBALL AND LODGE BALL SATURDAY NIGHT! Bring your workout shoes and compete!
- Bring blank plain color T-shirt to service weekend for silk screenings.
- Bring your Toda and best Apollo impression to the service weekend.
- Bring your old stuffed animals for the Conclave service project!
- Bring 3 stuffed animals and get special patch!
- If you are eligible for brotherhood, please come and complete your membership.
- Counts as community service hours towards school and OA
- Hosted by Tutelo Lodge from April 29-May 1 @ Camp Powhatan
- New for 2016: Top Shot Competition!
- We will receive special prize for having most registrations by March Service Weekend!
- Sign up NOW with your Mobile device: http://tinyurl.com/hb7sttk
- Please pay your 2016 dues NOW! Look at your OA member card expiration date to see if you are still up to date.
- It’s only $15 for a full year of dues!
- please pay here: http://tinyurl.com/16nawakwadues
- Staff 2016 TBS Camp!
- Serving on Camp Staff for the summer is a blast! Friendships and memories are formed that will last a lifetime! Spend a summer working in the outdoors, teaching merit badges, providing program instruction or providing invaluable services in our support areas. Be a part of the team and have an awesome summer at Camp T. Brady Saunders!
- Application here:http://bradysaunders.net/camp/forms/2016/2016_Staff_Application.pdf
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
- Text “81010”
- With message “@chapter7”
- Please make sure you sign up for the remind service (best way to get info to YOU)
- Join Chapter 7 on facebook
- Search Pamunkey Chapter 7 on facebook
- Lodge annual passes are here!
- Annual passes are $95
- See www.nawakwa.org for details
Ryan Mayer – Chapter Chief
Pramodh Jacob – Vice Chief of the Program
Kyle Hoffman – Vice Chief of Administration
Ray Ferguson – Chapter Advisor, Vigil Honor recipient