At last, here are the details for our trip this weekend! Thanks to Sonjosua, who has been getting this trip planned, we should have a great trip in store for us.
We will be leaving EARLY Friday morning to head to the Shenandoah River Outfitters to get underway on our 11 mile river trip. Our river trip will include some basic class 1 and class 2 rapids (including the Compton Rapids) and should be an easy going, fun trip.
Once we are done on the river, we will return to the church to drop off a few scouts and pick up a few scouts. We will then go to Albright Scout Reservation and meet up with the Stake 11 Year Olds and assist them with passing off requirements.
We will finish there in the early afternoon and return to Church for pickup.
Each boy attending the kayak adventure must bring $25 in addition to any spending money he plans on using. The $25 will go towards food and part of the kayak rental. The troop will be paying for the rest of the kayak rental fees. If you have confirmed that you are able to go, and you do not show up, you will be required to pay an extra $26 ($51 total) to reimburse the troop.
Food will be provided for the trip starting Friday morning at the Ladysmith McDonald’s until Saturday lunch.
- General Packing List
- Sleeping Bag or Blanket*
- Sleeping Pad (Contact John if you don’t have one)
- Cloths Appropriate to the Weather*
- Rain Jacket*
- Toilet & Hygiene Kit*
- Water Bottle*
- Sun Protection / Bug Spray
- Mess Kit
- $10-$20 Spending Money
- Personal First Aid Kit (Troop Kit will also be at Camp)
* = Required Items. However all items are recommended!
- Kayak Participants (must have all items in addition to the general packing list – All items on this list are required to participate in the kayak trip)
- Water Shoes or Old Sneakers*
- Shenandoah River Outfitters Wavier*
- Swim Trunks & Extra Change of Clothes – You will get Wet!*
- Day 1 – Friday
- 5:00AM: Meet at the Ladysmith McDonald’s
- 5:10AM: Quick Breakfast
- 5:30AM: Leave Location
- 8:00AM: Arrive at Shenandoah River Outfitters
- 8:15AM: Get Underway
- 1:30PM: Arrive Down River at Pickup Location
- 2:00PM: If Time Allows – Clean Up
- 2:30PM: Leave for Church
- 5:00PM to 5:30PM: Arrive at Church
- 5:30PM: Leave Church
- 6:30PM: Arrive at Albright Scout Reservation and Setup Camp
- 8:00PM: Dinner
- 11:00PM: Taps
- Day 2 – Saturday
- 7:00AM: Wakeup
- 7:45AM: Breakfast
- 8:30AM: Breakdown and Cleanup
- 9:30AM: Assist 11 Year Old Scouts
- 12:00PM: Simple Lunch
- 4:00PM to 5:00PM: Arrive Back at Church (We will call Parents with exact time)